I’m an Assistant Professor and a security researcher. My research primarily focuses on security/privacy/scalability problems in decentralized systems, especially those enabled by blockchain protocols and trusted execution environments (TEEs).
I received my Ph.D. in
Computer Science from
advised by Prof. Ari Juels.
I received my bachelor’s degree from Tsinghua University.
(Full bio here.)
I devise novel cryptographic protocols, build systems that work for
a reason, and reveal interesting facts via empirical measurements.
Here are some projects I’ve been working on:
- Nov 2020: I joined the TPC of PET 2021.
- Nov 2020: I presented DECO at CCS'20.
- Oct 2020: I presented CanDID at the annual convention of Chinese Institute of Engineers - Greater New York Chapter.
- Oct 2020: I presented CanDID at Empire Hacking (organized by Trail of Bits).
- Oct 2020: I presented DECO at W3C Credential Community Group (CCG).
- Oct 2020: I joined the TPC of Financial Crypto 2021 and DeFi'21 workshop.
- Sep 2020: CanDID paper is accepted to IEEE S&P 2021!
- Aug 2020: DECO acquisition by ChainLink is announced!
- Jul 2020: CanDID, our latest work on Decentralized Identity (DID) is available online.
- Mar 2020: DECO accepted to CCS 2020!
- Jan 2020: Real World Crypto (RWC) video on DECO is now available online.
- Oct 2019: I visited ETH Zurich and presented “Connecting Blockchains to the Real World”.
- Oct 2019: I presented Paralysis Proofs at ACM AFT 2019 at Zurich, Switzerland.
- Sep 2019: I visited IBM Waston Center and presented DECO (Decenetralized Oracles).
- Sep 2019: Two papers (CHURP, Tesseract) are accepted to ACM CCS'19! See you all in London!
- Aug 2019: “Paralysis Proofs: Secure Access-Structure Updates for Cryptocurrencies and More” is accepted to ACM AFT'19!
- Apr 2019: “Ekiden: A Platform for Confidentiality-Preserving, Trustworthy, and Performant Smart Contract Execution” is accepted to EuroS&P'19!
NEWChainlink acquires DECO protocol from Cornell University by FXStreet on Sep 08, 2020
NEWChainlink’s New Acquisition From Cornell University Could Transform Blockchain For Good by Forbes on Aug 08, 2020
NEWChainlink Acquires Blockchain Oracle Solution From Cornell University by CoinDesk on Aug 08, 2020
NEWChainlink acquires a privacy-preserving oracle protocol from Cornell University by CoinTelegraph on Aug 08, 2020
NEWChainlink Acquires DECO from Cornell University by PR Newswire on Aug 08, 2020
- MIT Tech Review China reported on CHURP by MIT Tech Review China on May 08, 2019
- Blockchain smart contracts are finally good for something in the real world by MIT Tech Review on Nov 08, 2018
- Chainlink Acquires Town Crier, a Hardware-Based Oracle by Unhashed on Nov 08, 2018
- Chainlink Blockchain Company Acquires Cornell’s Town Crier to Bolster Native Smart Contract Network by BitcoinExchangeGuide on Nov 08, 2018
- Cornell's Town Crier Acquired By Chainlink To Expand Decentralized Oracle Network by Forbes on Nov 08, 2018
- Big Hitter Crypto Funds Pile Into Privacy-Enhanced Smart Contract Startup Oasis Labs by Forbes on Jul 08, 2018
- Cornell IC3 Researchers Propose Solution to Bitcoin's Multisig "Paralysis" Problem by BitcoinMagazine on Jan 08, 2018
- The Ridiculous Amount of Energy It Takes to Run Bitcoin by IEEE Spectrum on Sep 08, 2017
- Trust Your Oracle? Cornell Launches Tool for Confidential Blockchain Queries by CoinDesk on May 08, 2017
- How Encrypted Weather Data Could Help Corporate Blockchain Dreams Come True by MIT Technology Review on May 08, 2017
- Town Crier Service Delivers Solid Data To Coders by ETHNews on May 08, 2017