11/01/18: Town Crier, a trusted hardware-based oracle for smart contracts is aquired
03/30/18: I'm awarded the 2018 IBM PhD Fellowship Award
03/02/18: I presented Paralysis Proof at the 5th Bitcoin workshop @ Financial Crypto 2018 in Curacao.
08/18/17: I presented REM at USENIX Security 2017, Vancouver, Canada.
08/13/17: I was invited to present Town Crier
at Silicon Valley Ethereum Meetup
08/02/17: Solidus: Confidential Distributed Ledger Transactions via PVORM is accepted to CCS'17.
05/15/17: Town Crier
is officially live
05/11/17: REM: Resource-Efficient Mining for Blockchains
paper is accepted to Security'17. Available here
10/17/16: Sealed-Glass Proofs: Using Transparent Enclaves to Prove and Sell Knowledge is accepted to EuroS&P '17.
07/22/16: Town Crier: An Authenticated Data Feed for Smart Contracts is accepted to ACM CCS'16.
05/13/16: Stealing Machine Learning Models via Prediction APIs is accepted to USENIX Security'16.
- Cornell's Town Crier Acquired By Chainlink To Expand Decentralized Oracle Network by Forbes on Nov 1, 2018, featured Town Crier
- Chainlink Blockchain Company Acquires Cornell’s Town Crier to Bolster Native Smart Contract Network by BitcoinExchangeGuide on Nov 2, 2018, featured Town Crier
- Chainlink Acquires Town Crier, a Hardware-Based Oracle by Unhashed on Nov 3, 2018, featured Town Crier
- Cornell IC3 Researchers Propose Solution to Bitcoin's Multisig "Paralysis" Problem by BitcoinMagazine on Jan 19, 2018, featured Paralysis Proof
- The Ridiculous Amount of Energy It Takes to Run Bitcoin by IEEE Spectrum on Sep 28, 2017, featured REM
- Trust Your Oracle? Cornell Launches Tool for Confidential Blockchain Queries by CoinDesk on May 17, 2017, featured Town Crier
- How Encrypted Weather Data Could Help Corporate Blockchain Dreams Come True by MIT Technology Review on May 11, 2017, featured Town Crier
- Town Crier Service Delivers Solid Data To Coders by ETHNews on May 11, 2017, featured Town Crier
- 2018 IBM PhD Fellowship Award
ManuscriptEkiden: A Platform for Confidentiality-Preserving, Trustworthy, and Performant Smart Contract Execution .
Cheng, R. and Zhang, F. and Kos, J. and He, W. and Hynes, N. and Johnson, N. and Juels, A. and Miller, A. and Song, D..
ManuscriptParalysis Proofs: Safe Access-Structure Updates for Cryptocurrencies and More .
Fan Zhang, Philip Daian, Iddo Bentov and Ari Juels.
In Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2018/096.
ManuscriptTesseract: Real-Time Cryptocurrency Exchange using Trusted Hardware .
Iddo Bentov, Yan Ji, Fan Zhang, Yunqi Li, Xueyuan Zhao, Lorenz Breidenbach, Philip Daian and Ari Juels.
In Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2017/1153.
Solidus: Confidential Distributed Ledger Transactions via PVORM .
Ethan Cecchetti, Fan Zhang, Yan Ji, Ahmed Kosba, Ari Juels and Elaine Shi.
In ACM CCS 2017.
REM: Resource-Efficient Mining for Blockchains .
Fan Zhang, Ittay Eyal, Robert Escriva, Ari Juels and Robbert van Renesse.
In USENIX Security 17.
Sealed-Glass Proofs: Using Transparent Enclaves to Prove and Sell Knowledge .
Florian Tramèr, Fan Zhang, Huang Lin, Jean-Pierre Hubaux, Ari Juels and Elaine Shi.
Town Crier: An Authenticated Data Feed for Smart Contracts .
Fan Zhang, Ethan Cecchetti, Kyle Croman, Ari Juels and Elaine Shi.
In ACM CCS'16.
Stealing Machine Learning Models via Prediction APIs .
Florian Tramer, Fan Zhang, Ari Juels, Michael Reiter and Thomas Ristenpart.
In USENIX Security'16.
PlateClick: Bootstrapping Food Preferences Through an Adaptive Visual Interface .
Longqi Yang, Yin Cui, Fan Zhang, John P Pollak, Serge Belongie and Deborah Estrin.
In Proceedings of the 24th ACM International on Conference on Information and Knowledge Management.
- PC Member: BITCOIN'18
- Reviewer: ACM Computing Surveys
I'm enthusiastic about open-source software and trying earnestly to contribute to greater communities. Here are some of my projects:
Star Town Crier: an SGX-based authenticated data feeds for smart contracts.
Star mbedTLS-SGX: a port of mbedtls to be used as an SGX library.
Star hybrid-enc: ECDH + AES-256 encryption based on mbedtls.
Consider following me on GitHub Follow @bl4ck5un
- fanz at cs.cornell.edu
- 2 West Loop Road, New York, NY 10044