03/02/18: I presented Paralysis Proof at the 5th Bitcoin workshop @ Financial Crypto 2018 in Curacao.
08/18/17: I presented REM at USENIX Security 2017, Vancouver, Canada.
08/13/17: I was invited to present Town Crier
at Silicon Valley Ethereum Meetup
08/02/17: Solidus: Confidential Distributed Ledger Transactions via PVORM is accepted to CCS'17.
05/15/17: Town Crier
is officially live
05/11/17: REM: Resource-Efficient Mining for Blockchains
paper is accepted to Security'17. Available here
10/17/16: Sealed-Glass Proofs: Using Transparent Enclaves to Prove and Sell Knowledge is accepted to EuroS&P '17.
07/22/16: Town Crier: An Authenticated Data Feed for Smart Contracts is accepted to ACM CCS'16.
05/13/16: Stealing Machine Learning Models via Prediction APIs is accepted to USENIX Security'16.
- Cornell IC3 Researchers Propose Solution to Bitcoin's Multisig "Paralysis" Problem by BitcoinMagazine on Jan 19, 2018, featured Paralysis Proof
- The Ridiculous Amount of Energy It Takes to Run Bitcoin by IEEE Spectrum on Sep 28, 2017, featured REM
- Trust Your Oracle? Cornell Launches Tool for Confidential Blockchain Queries by CoinDesk on May 17, 2017, featured Town Crier
- How Encrypted Weather Data Could Help Corporate Blockchain Dreams Come True by MIT Technology Review on May 11, 2017, featured Town Crier
- Town Crier Service Delivers Solid Data To Coders by ETHNews on May 11, 2017, featured Town Crier
Fan Zhang, Philip Daian, Iddo Bentov and Ari Juels
Paralysis Proofs: Safe Access-Structure Updates for Cryptocurrencies and More
In Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2018/096.
Iddo Bentov, Yan Ji, Fan Zhang, Yunqi Li, Xueyuan Zhao, Lorenz Breidenbach, Philip Daian and Ari Juels
Tesseract: Real-Time Cryptocurrency Exchange using Trusted Hardware
In Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2017/1153.
Ethan Cecchetti, Fan Zhang, Yan Ji, Ahmed Kosba, Ari Juels and Elaine Shi
Solidus: Confidential Distributed Ledger Transactions via PVORM
In ACM CCS 2017.
Fan Zhang, Ittay Eyal, Robert Escriva, Ari Juels and Robbert van Renesse
REM: Resource-Efficient Mining for Blockchains
In USENIX Security 17.
Florian Tramèr, Fan Zhang, Huang Lin, Jean-Pierre Hubaux, Ari Juels and Elaine Shi
Sealed-Glass Proofs: Using Transparent Enclaves to Prove and Sell Knowledge
Fan Zhang, Ethan Cecchetti, Kyle Croman, Ari Juels and Elaine Shi
Town Crier: An Authenticated Data Feed for Smart Contracts
In ACM CCS'16.
Florian Tramer, Fan Zhang, Ari Juels, Michael Reiter and Thomas Ristenpart
Stealing Machine Learning Models via Prediction APIs
In USENIX Security'16.
Longqi Yang, Yin Cui, Fan Zhang, John P Pollak, Serge Belongie and Deborah Estrin
PlateClick: Bootstrapping Food Preferences Through an Adaptive Visual Interface
In Proceedings of the 24th ACM International on Conference on Information and Knowledge Management.
I'm enthusiastic about open-source software and trying earnestly to contribute to greater communities. Here are some of my projects:
Star Town Crier: an SGX-based authenticated data feeds for smart contracts.
Star mbedTLS-SGX: a port of mbedtls to be used as an SGX library.
Star hybrid-enc: ECDH + AES-256 encryption based on mbedtls.
Consider following me on GitHub Follow @bl4ck5un
- fanz at cs.cornell.edu
- Gates Hall 445, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14850